Apr 5, 2012

Poor Installation can cause problems

A knowledgeable professional should install window and doors according to the manufacturer's instructions. A poorly installed product may not operate properly and could cause drafts even though the product itself is energy efficient. Poor installation may also allow water to leak into the home, leading to costly damage.


Installation guidelines:
  • The installation should provide an airtight, insulated seal.
  • After installation, the window or door should retain its original shape and be level from side to side and top to bottom. Windows may be installed 
  • on an angle (for example, in an attic) only if they are designed to do so.
  • A window or door should not support any load other than its own weight.
  • Any exterior finishing, such as flashing, should prevent water penetration.


4 comments:

  1. Great post. Thanks for the information, I am currently working on installing window and doors on my house and I want to do it right so this does not happen to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thank you very much! One of my doors is having a lot of troubles opening and closing, and when it is closed, it has a lot of cracks along the sides. Do you think I should get window and doors edmonton services?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very helpful post. I would have to agree that it is always important to have the professionals do the work. It will save you time, money and stress.

    Mia | Door Surgeon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good posting here, sir.

    Luckily, I had a recent installation of my
    Veka PVC, a new window segment, quite unproblematic. : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...